Hello wonderful individuals of the internet, I have come to the conclusion that I am horrible with the whole, lets keep this blog up thing. So again, I sit in front of my computer screen and write about streams of consciousness. First off, much has changed since our last encounter, both physically and emotionally. I have been through many struggles over the past six months, yet here I stand still trucking away at this thing I call life.
Updates Via Bullet Point:
-Currently working at McDonalds (Never thought that would happen)
-Recently started wearing glasses again, kind of a long time coming
-Very comfortable with my appearance
-Love the show Lost Girl, more like slightly addicted
-Listen to Sideways by Wrabel
-Wrote some new uke melodies
-College bound in five days
-Lift grind!
-Taking the world by storm, one person at a time.
On a more serious note, here is what I have for the people of the internet today. Most people who tune into this blog know my whole purpose behind higher education was to become an athletic trainer. As life is full of many twists and turns, that surprisingly was no longer an option for my future according to the university. Plain and simple, I was completely crushed. I put three years of my life into a major that I thought was my entire life. Eight people determined my fate in a career that I was no longer allowed to participate in. I felt as though athletic training defined who I was as an individual. Similar to news I had received four years prier involving my shoulder, I again was in a position to figure out who I was. Feeling lost and confused, I turned to the only thing I had control over.....lifting. Three days prier to my heartbreaking news, I was accepted into a vigorous twelve week weight training program. This program was known as Alpha Female and was designed by a personal trainer by the name of Evan Childs. With nothing left to lose,I was determined to put what little strength and determination I had left into this so called Alpha program. I completely changed my diets habits and mental status. I followed a strict set of guidelines when it came to weight training. After about two weeks of hitting the gym and solid lifts, I noticed my mental status was starting to regain itself. I began to feel confident instead of hopeless. When I seemed to have no fight whether it be in weight training or life, my trainer always provided words of wisdom and encouragement. A person who was once a stranger became my inspiration. With my new found knowledge of lifting, I became interested in a career through health promotion and wellness. This was a field that paralleled to athletic training, so my chances of switching my major smoothly were quite high. The more I lifted the more I wanted to become someone similar to my trainer. Before leaving my junior year behind, I was now a newly declared health promotion and wellness major. Although this may not have been my original plan when I left to begin college, it sure has been an interesting journey thus far.
I guess the moral of my struggle is to not let yourself be defined by a particular title or setback. You have many titles when it comes to life. The ones you hold dear tend to make you feel like an individual. Plain and simple, do not limit yourself based on a title. You can achieve many goals without the pressures of a title. Plus life is hard enough, do not make it any more difficult than it needs to be.
On a happier note, I hope all of you are enjoying your summer. I am looking for blogging ideas, so feel free to contact me with topics. Just remember, I am always here. Rather it be on the blog or in person. I love you all and enjoy! Looking forward to future posts. Byeeeeeee. -Stepharino
No comments:
Post a Comment