Friday, November 23, 2012

Fa la la la la la la(:

First off, I would like to take a minute to thank Krista for the amazing new cover photo. She did a wonderful job and deserves credit.

It's that time of year, where everyone seems to get into the holiday spirit. As we prepare for the weeks to come, let's all look back on those childhood memories we have grown to love. Lights, trees and decorations are all essentials to having a wonderful Christmas, so let's walk through my family's Christmas traditions.

Step One: The Trees
Yes I said trees! Not only does my family set up a giant tree to place all the presents under, we also have our own smaller personalized trees. Now I've had my tree since I could remember, but let me create a mental picture for you guys. Picture this, a tiny tree no taller than two feet, draped in lights the shape of Scooby-Doo heads wrapped in wreaths. As for ornaments, all different Scooby-Doo characters and a Scooby-Doo star to top it all off. I know what you're thinking....oh my Scooby-Doo. Yes I love Scooby-Doo, what kid didn't in the 90's. I also mentioned having a giant tree, but if I listed off everything on that tree I would be here for days.

Step Two: The Classics
In my opinion it is not considered Christmas unless you have watched these movies:

-It's a Wonderful Life
-A Charlie Brown Christmas
-The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
-A Christmas Story
-Frosty the Snowman
-Rudolph
-Home Alone
-Elf
-A Year Without Santa
-Jingle All the Way
-Christmas With the Kranks
-Shrek the Halls

Step Three: The Magic Oven
Okay so this "magic oven" probably isn't magic, but during the holidays I believe it has a magical purpose. Now I have watched my mother cook and prepare food for every holiday occasion and it never seems to fail how much food she actually cooks in a day. Well we call it the "magic oven" because you never see the food actually go in, but you always see it coming out. On top of that, once the oven is heated and going , the food never seems to stop appearing. First comes the different casseroles, then turkey or ham and to top it all off Christmas cookies. Like I said you never see it go it, but you always see it go out....hence the name "magic oven".

Step Four: The Family
The most important part of any holiday is spending time with my family. If it was not for them I would not be writing about these traditions that I have listed above. My family is the glue that pulls all these traditions together and for that I am grateful. No amount of gifts can ever replace the love that my family has provided for me over the years. So grab your brothers, sister, moms and dads and enjoy the upcoming holiday.

Well now you know just a snippet of my family's Christmas traditions. I hope you enjoyed and happy holidays.



No comments:

Post a Comment