As I stated previously in my last update, I have been transitioning to become a vegetarian. Although temptation has been present throughout my transition, I am proud to inform you that I am a week strong and continuing with the vegetarian lifestyle. This leads me into my next topic of choice for the week, my newly found hipster ways.Now this hipster point of view was brought to attention by a buddy of mine and I thought sharing it with you would make for an interesting post. So I present you a list of My New Found Hipster Ways.
- Vegetarian: Being a veghead is more than just a diet, it is also a way to protect against the mass production of animals for the sole purpose to butcher them. Hipsters look to improve life by any means possible.
- Beanies: I have owned beanies for quite some time, but I noticed that I want ti wear them ALL the time now.
- V-Necks/Flannels: Although they are plain an simple, they seem to pop up everywhere in the hipster culture. I am pretty sure 1/4 of my closet is filled with these and the collection continues to grow.
- Helping Hands: We all know that hipsters like to find ways to help others. Well I am here to tell you today that all I want to do is help whoever is in need. Donate food, lend a shoulder, or even make a new friend! Just go out and give to back to your community because they have given so much to you.
- Indie and Such: When I think of a hipsters, music immediately comes to mind. Not the typical gang banging pop rock stuff we have on the radio now a days, but music with meaning behind it. To me indie or classic is the way to go. The Beatles knew exactly what meaning behind a song meant back in the day.
- Slam Poetry: I have always been a fan of poetry because of its intense emotional appeal. Whether you believe what a poet says or not, they can at least make you think. What hipster doesn't like a good spill your heart session?
"This is for all the shit we own and for the day we’ll learn how much we have when we learn to give that shit away"- Andrea Gibson
No comments:
Post a Comment